Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fruits of the Season

It's time.

For fresh raspberries. Juicy peaches. Blueberry pancakes made with real blueberries.

Oh my.

Whilst at my mom's today she treated me to a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. With wild raspberries that my dad had found at the construction site where he is working with my brother. She also threw on some fresh diced peaches.

I love summer, what little we have had of it is finally producing all the best things that come along with it. I don't think it's necessary to enjoy the fruits of the season by making some elaborate dessert, although I wouldn't turn it down if someone offered. Just give me berries by the handful, let the juice run down my hands as I bite into a peach.

Of course accompanying anything with ice cream is never a bad idea.

Go get some while they rock!

No comments: