Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nestled All Snug In Their Beds

Five kinds of tomatoes.  Three kinds of sweet peppers.  Tiny cantaloupes that will be just big enough to hold one scoop of cool vanilla ice cream.  Baby watermelons that Riley and Grandpa will fight over.  Cilantro and parsley and basil to sprinkle over everything.  And we even planted popcorn.

Now all we can do is wait for the magic to happen.  In a few weeks when I walk into my "greenhouse" I will see tiny green leaves peeking out from the potting mix made especially for them.  They will continue to get spritzed from the water bottle when they need it, and their lighting will be adjusted as they grow taller and taller.  The days will get warm enough that they can be brought outside for just a bit to turn their leaves to the sun and get strong enough to be transplanted into the garden and survive on their own.

But for now, I still have three seed starting trays that I didn't use.  And two bags of dirt.

Whatever shall I do?

No comments: