Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks Wherever You Are

All I have to bring is the deviled eggs.  And probably some wine. 

Thanksgiving this year will be celebrated at my sister-in-law's mom's house, or my brother's mother-in-law's house, whichever way you look at it.  My mom gets out of the cooking and cleaning and fussing about this year, and she is totally due.  We all gathered at my house last year, so I am glad that someone else has taken the reigns as well.

I am a bit sad that there won't be our traditional gathering, but when it all boils down it's all about being with family, enjoying each other's company, and being thankful for everything we are blessed with no matter what the location.

I am blessed to be in a wonderful home, having family near to take care of me when I need them.  I am blessed with caring neighbors and friends.  I am blessed with a wonderful son who is my knight in shining armor.  And I am blessed with a life that is truly wonderful no matter what the day may bring.

Here's hoping that you all are able to surround yourself with friends and family you hold dear during this holiday season, whether in your homes, over the phone, or by Video Kinect!  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

1 comment:

Kristi Pohl said...

Right back at you sister! Can't wait to chat on tv tomorrow night!