Friday, September 11, 2009

I Am Not Afraid...

of color.

If any of you have visited my "sister" blog, Oh Fer Cute in the last week you saw a post about the quilt that she is making me for my new bedroom. The stack of colors she put together couldn't be more beautiful, more uplifting, or more full of love. I know how much time and patience it takes to cut, iron, sew, and piece together such a work of heart, and I am so excited to see the finished piece.

In the meantime, I picked up some extra fabric to have with me when I picked out paint. The green color will be on my bathroom walls and the hot lookin' reddish-orange color will go in my bedroom . The former is called "Scotch Lassie" and the latter is "Mexican Chile". I can't wait to see how a Norwegian/Irish girl will deal with that.


I found this fun fabric for Riley's room at Emily's Country Cottage to go with the vivid "Brilliant Sea" color that he picked out for his bedroom. For his bathroom he chose "Maple Leaf". My parents are in shock, as they painted their walls orange some 30 years ago in their house. It all comes back...


These other colors will be throughout our house; "Belgian Waffle" in the kitchen (of course), "Deepest Aqua" in my laundry room, "Spiced Gingerbread" in the pantry/mudroom, and "Applesauce Cake" in the living room.


I admit I was just a wee bit influenced by the color names. What a fun job it would be to get to name all of them! Now please excuse me while I go get a snack...

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Great post! Hope you enjoyed your snack. :o) Your color choices are perfect! I'm thrilled you are not afraid of color. Your home will be your santuary from the world. It already looks so inviting.

Tracy said...

Those colors are just gorgeous!