Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Food, fun, and fireworks

What are you doing for the 4th of July?

I have such fun planned. My darling sister and her family are coming home tomorrow to spend the long weekend. We are all going to get together at my parents house on the 4th, eat brats, beans, potato salad, and drink cold beer. I am bringing Paula Deen's Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake, a favorite after I made it for my momsy for her birthday last year.

Us moms and our boys are going to have a sleepover at Nana's, take them to the fireworks and such. Then Saturday is the big event.

The 3rd Annual Ultimate Fishing Championship.

Moms vs. sons. Bumpa at the helm running the boat, baiting the lines, and taking the fish off of them as we reel them in. I am pretty sure my sis and I will kick butt again this year. Hope Riley and Charlie have been saving their pennies, the loser has to buy whatever the winner wants at the DQ. I am thinking a super extra large Cherry Choco Love Blizzard might fit the bill.

Happy Fireworks to you all!