Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fishin'

If you are like me, you like to go fishing, you just don't get very many chances to do it. I usually only go once a year, and to me that doesn't justify buying a fishing license.


While reading my favorite blogs today, I found a website that tells you what free fishing days are held around the United States. I have attached the link here. Be sure to read any restrictions, etc. Take Me Fishing Website This opened as a PDF when I found it, but if that doesn't work for you click on the "Boating and Fishing by State" tab, click on your state, and then go down to the bottom where it says "Fishing Resources". Click on "Free Fishing" pdf. The free fishing weekend for Minnesota, where I live, is June 6-8.

Last year my sister, her son, and Riley and I held our first annual UFC, Ultimate Fishing Championship. The losers had to buy the winners whatever they wanted at the Dairy Queen. I seem to recall that I have two treats coming, but maybe I just like to remember it that way. The best part was when we faced the Moms against the kids, they were ready to throw us over the boat. My dad of course did all the navigating, baiting, and unhooking. He's good like that, and got a huge kick out of watching us all fight over who was winning. It's such a treat to be able to spend time in the boat with him.