Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Ultimate Getaway

Apparently the sugar rush from the frosted almond bars set me back a bit, and I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been a very busy gal.

I spent last weekend with my mom and sis at Grand View Lodge in Nisswa, MN. We got a wonderful spa package, which included a massage, manicure, and pedicure.

I have never been so relaxed or had anything feel so good in my entire life.

Seriously.

This little tiny smit of a thing came into the "relaxation room" and in her spa voice quietly said my name. I wasn't quite sure how this would all work out, since I'm not exactly a tiny smit myself. How could she possibly give me the medium pressure massage accented with oils representing Fire and Infinity I had requested on my special chart they had me fill out while I was waiting?

Oy vay.

Let's just say the kids that attend the Aveda school have got it goin' on.

They rub you down with essential oils, and cover you with warm blankets while you lay on a heated bed. There is some sort of tingy tangy music playing in the background. You completely lose track of space and time. And then the dreaded words are gently whispered in your ear...

"Your service is complete. Take a few minutes and I will meet you in the hall."

NOOOOOOOOOO!

It's like going to the bakery and having them be out of your favorite donut. Or them running out of chocolate ice cream at the Dairy Queen.

Life is so unfair sometimes.

I found out how nearly impossible it is to actually even think about getting up from that position. You want me to what? Can't I just lay here and sleep the rest of the weekend?

I found the strength though. I had to get up, or I would have been late for my mani/pedi.

Joy and rapture. What a weekend.

The resort wasn't busy at all, so they upgraded us from a single two bed suite to a three bedroom cabin. It could have slept 14 people. It had a fireplace, kitchen, and three bathrooms. Let's just say that every wrong thing that has happened to me in my entire life was corrected that weekend. All the times I have been overcharged, or cheated out of something. It's all okay now.

Needless to say we already rebooked for next year. Every woman, sister, mom, and hard working girl in general deserves a weekend away such as this.